Elm leaf beetle (Xanthogaleruca luteola)
Are the leaves of your elm trees full of holes as if there had been If so, it is because there is an insect that attacks the tree: TheElm tree beetle.
Pest Description: Coleopterae (beetles). Larvae and adults arerespondable for all lawn diseases. Size: 5-7 mm.
Affected species: Elm tree
Biology: The female lays eggs under the blade of grass and after 8 days the larvae hatch. In the middle of july the adults start a 2nd generation; and In autumn the adults hide under the bark of the tree
- Recommended products:
- For backpacks 15 l: contact insecticide Decis Protech 25 cc.
- For bigger capacities: Protech contact insecticide Decis 1l at a dose of 1 cc / l.
- Insecticide injections every 30 cm of the perimeter of the tree.
- Phytosanitary treatments with insecticides during spring. The active ingredients arepyrethrinsmost recommended are(deltamethrin, alphacypermethrin).
- Alternative methods: insecticide injections.
SYMPTOMS AND DAMAGE
The first symptoms are "holes" in the leaf that cause total defoliation, as if a hailstorm had caused intense damage
With the weakening of the tree one can visualize the culprits