Blog > > Cranefly on lawn
Cranefly on lawn
Pathogen Description: A Dipterae, which is just a mosquito larvae living in coastal areas in mild winters.They are gray and hard. Adults leave eggs under the vegetation canopy from where the larvae emerge. .
- Evening activity: They feed on roots and the neck of the plant or grass.
- Day activity: They feed on the leaves and stems of grass.
- Symptoms: If the attack is very important, the grass dies in a few days as it loses the root system. They are mostly found in lawns with poor drainage or where excesive watering is applied.
- Recommended insecticides:
- Surfaces up to 200 m2 of lawn: it can be done two ways as explained below:
- Sprinkle ground with Insecticide Sipcam of 1 kg per 200 m2.
- Spray 1 can of contact insecticide cúpside 48 of 30 cc for a backpack of 15 litres of water per 100 m2.
- Surface area 200 m2 superiros: Cúpside contact insecticide spray 1l or Gufos 48 at a dose of 20 cc/10 l water.
- Chlorpyrifos insecticide treatmentis best.Treatments are recommended at dark, as this is when the larvae feed on the leaves and stems.
- It is very important to avoid over watering.
TIME OF YEAR
June, July and August.